s e a r c h

21.5.15

The wind, the sea, the prettiest dialect and colorful houses



Stavanger. When I first moved to Norway almost 8 (!) years ago, I lived on the countryside, close to the sea, with Stavanger being the closest "big" city. I've been back twice, but as my last visit dated from 2010 it was about time to get on that train and visit this cute and colorful city on the Westcoast again. After three days, I wish I could've stayed longer.

When in Stavanger, make sure to:

- look at the big ships in the harbor or at least go for a walk across the sea (at Vaulen, if you have the time)
- drink the best hot chocolate I ever had at Coffeeberry
- go for a walk across the Old Town, with all the charming white houses
- visit the world's prettiest and most colorful (?) street: Øvre Holmegate, also called 'Fargegaten'
- eat (one of) the best lunch(es) I ever had at Renaa: Matbaren
- drink beers at Hanekam. And if you're a girl: make sure to visit the toilet.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Jeg vil til stavanger! Har så vidt vært innom byen et par ganger på familiebesøk, men det er lenge siden.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen